Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009

Dear Scott,

Well, how was your week?  Ours has been going fine.  Seems to be going by really fast these days.  I did get a fun picture on my e-mail from Sis. Erickson!!  Cute picture of you and her at the parade.  That was fun to see!  You look great, and Dad really liked your "nerd" pockets with pens and missionary book in it! :)  You need to send more pictures!!!

You will be glad to know there is another package in the mail for you.  You just have to wait and be surprised on this one I guess! he he he

This week has been all about getting a lot of stuff done around the house.   Dad had a tree company come and grind the stump down in the front yard.  It looks so bare out there.  This fall we will plant a new tree, but for now, we will have to just have it look ugly.  It is way too hot to plant one yet.   This week we are in the triple digits again.  Whewww, I will be glad for fall time. ::<}
We are slowly changing all the door knobs in the house.  Dad has just about got the downstairs finished up.  Dad had jury duty today, and I worked at the hospital, so that was our fun day!
Michael took Jeff and Mark our on the boat, and Jeff went to his police explorers meeting tonight.  He is having a rewards luncheon next Monday, and he will present the chief of police with his trophy from the competition.  Did I tell you this already?  I lose track of what I have written.

My dumb computer is acting up, the hard drive is quitting on me, so we need to fix that ASAP!!  I hope I don't lose everything I have saved on it.
Oh my, that would be terrible.

Angie is flying up to NYC this week.  She and Ryan are going to the big apple.  She sure gets around with those free flights and they have so much fun.  I see a wedding in the future! :)  She is doing well, and is getting excited to be back teaching in a couple of weeks.
Your cousin Melanie is getting married on Aug. 11th.  I will go up for the reception and spend some time with G&GG.  If you are a good boy, I might send you a little especial from Logan again!!  Everyone always asks how you are doing, and I tell them you are doing so well, and how proud we are of you.  We love hearing all about your mission!!!
Well, tomorrow, I am going to Hawaiian Falls, and meeting all the grandkids there.  I will try and take some pictures to send to you if my computer quits being gay.

I am now in 3rd Nephi in my BOM reading.  I am learning so much, and trying to apply it in my life.  I really love the reading.

Also, I have been doing a lot of sewing.  Made a little quilt, some pillow cases, and a little hooded towel.  Just trying to stay busy!

In my spare time, I am still working on the stake nativity.  Ryan is going to make all the outdoor nativity pieces for us, with a little shelter and manger.  I got all the wood from Bro. Nagle, and got all the supplies for Ryan.  He will make it up in Angie's garage, so that is even better.  I think he will do a great job!  Also, it's good to get him involved in a project for the stake...he flys a lot on the weekends, and it's hard for him to get to meetings.  He is a great guy, and was good to take on that project for me.  The nativity is sure a lot of work, but I hope it will be a good missionary tool, and let other community members, and other church groups come in our building.  I bet in SLC you will have them going on too.

Do you get to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house?  What do you study in your personal study time?  How are your investigators?

Well, that is all for this week.  I work again on Thursday, and then that is it for the month.  I do think I will work a shift or 2 at Lewisville medical center, they called and asked if I wanted to pick up some shifts at that hospital, so I may consider that.  Might be fun to see how things are done at a different place.

Love you lots and lots, we pray for you everyday, and know you are doing a good job serving the people in SLC.

Love, hugs, and kisses,  XOXOXO
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment