Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18, 2009 (From MOM)

Dear Scott,
Well I took a ride up to Utah this last weekend, and I gave you a BIG shout out as I drove by SLC on I-15!!!  Sa good!!!  I knew you were very busy and all into the work, I thought it best not to disturb you! he he!!

We got your package in the mail. Thanks!  I took the CD of photo's over to Costco and got them all developed...all 269 pictures!!!  Wow! That was a lot of photo's you had!  I will try and mail you up a few of them, you might want some to put in a frame or just see.  It was great to see them all.  You will need to label them when you get home!:)
I also had a big surprise when Brooke showed me your mission blog!!!  It was fantastic, and I just love it!!  Brooke has done such a great job!  I sent out the blog address to everyone so now that can keep up to date on you.  Brooke will post those pictures from your CD on it too.  She said she might add a slide show of all the pictures.  Anyway, I was so happy and excited for that, what a great way to record your mission.  Are you able to see the blog on your p-days?  I hope so, you will really like it!

I know you want the ipod.  You have mentioned it about 10 times now.  Did I tell you that the front yard looks so bare without that big tree now? :)  I have asked Dad about sending you that ipod, and the decision was to send you Mark's old one.  It is small and should work for you.  Now all I have to do is get Dad to actually clear it off and mail it up to you...that will be the hard part!  We will try and get that done soon for you.  Should we put Mormon Tab. music on it for you?  Let us know okay?

We have laughed a lot about your "Faith Dining"!!!  Grandpa thought it was pretty funny too.  We all went out to dinner in Bountiful at the "Mandarin" and we would not let Grandpa pay.  He said "Faith Dining" works for me!!! ha ha!  So funny!

Melanie was married this past week in the Manti Temple.  I went to her reception last Saturday night and it was so nice.  Melanie looked really pretty and happy.  I think she married a really nice guy.  He is in the pharmacist program at University of Utah.  Lots of weddings coming up.
Guess who else is engaged?  Chelsea Owen!!  She is getting married on Feb. 13th, 2010.  She graduates in Dec. with  her RN degree.  That was fun news to hear!  And of course, Angie & Ryan.  So fun, love is in the air!!

I am finally proud to say I am on the last few chapters of the BOM!  I truly have enjoyed my reading this summer.  I think I have learned more that ever with the reading this time.  I know that book is true.  What are you studying during your personal scripture time?

Jeff and Mark are back to school on Monday.  Yeah!  "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"  I will take Mark to register and get his schedule and locker tomorrow.  Jeff is busy with Vivace practices, and is working a few days at the gun range this week.  It's the last few days of freedom, then back to school!

Sad news, do you remember Glen Davis?  He passed away this past week.  His funeral was today.  It was so nice, but I wished more members would have attended.  He was such a sweet, gentle man.  He was buried in the Coppell cemetary.  He has been so ill the past year, I know it was hard on him.  I will miss his kind manner, and his handshake each week at Sac. Mtg.  He was a such a faithful person.  A sweet man.

Let's see, what else can I tell you?  Clarke Hill is working in Roy at a paint shop.  He moved down last weekend and is staying with the Hill Grandparents.  Marilyn said it was a good job opportunity for him.  He will work fulltime for a few months and save up money for his mission.  He leaves for the MTC on Nov. 4th, so he has time to work.  I think he is delivering paint/supplies to different job sites.  It will be good practice for him to get out and meet people...help prepare him for mission work right?
I was able to see Marilyn while in Utah.  She and I have so much fun together!!  We never seem to run out of things to visit about.  She is such a dear friend.  It's great she is in No. Ogden so I can see her a little more often.

Tell us all about your week.  We love to hear about everything.  Can you send us your favorite scripture?  I need to order a plaque for the church.  I will put a picture of you on it, and want to include your scripture too.

Lots of love to you sweet boy!!!  Keep working hard.  The weeks are going by so fast!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment