Thursday, July 30, 2009

Transfer Week

Hey Hey! No mom i was not sneaking on computers! It was all legal! I had permission to do that! Haha nice try! Yes i got your package! Thanks. What is that cord you sent me? I need a SD memory card converter to USB. That way i plug in my memory card into the computer and can load the pictures on it via that. 
ANGIE WAS AT THE PARADE???????? I WAS TOO!!!!!! I was over on 200 S and 500 E I think! That would have been crazy to run into them!!! Hahahahaha! We were out doing street contacting that day. The best was seeing the motorcycle cops pulling wheelies on their bikes!!!! I did run into sister Erickson from the Coppell First ward. She took a picture of me and her so you can ask for that. I also met the Hansens aunt like you were saying! She asked where i was from and i said Dallas and she said I have two nephews that are going to West Point there. Then i asked if it was Matt and Mitchell. She is in one of the wards i cover. Small world huh! 

Well I stayed in the same area again. I did get a new comp which is good. He is way cool!!! His name is elder Fulneer Transfers were on Wed. We stayed up till 12 talking!!! He is fun and it will be a good transfer. He is from Tennessee and has been out 19 months. 

We also got a new car. New as in BRAND NEW! 2010 Corral! Its so much nicer then our last one. I am the driver again so its fun. Dad said as soon as winter gets here i will get a bike. I hope not. I also guess on days they have bad roads here they will call us and not less us drive that day. 

We also met the patriarch of the church!!!! Brother Smith. 102 years old he still drives! He has the original cloths that Hyram Smith was wearing the day he was killed with Joesph at jail. He has the shirt vest and pants. One of the pocket watches that was shot and another good one he had. His sun glasses. They were not Oakleys though! Haha. And he had Alvin Smiths lap desk he made!!! Joesph used this very desk to keep the gold plates and other things that he got in the hill. He just has this stuff at his house. I have pics of that so when i mail off the package to you this week or next week ill put my memory card in it!

Dad asked how i could use an ipod. We can run itunes on the computers we have here to do email. So i can load all my music i have now and put it on the ipod. Dont worry about having anything on it i can do all that on my pday! I can get all the conference talks and music on it and other cd talks other people have here.

Well last transfer we got our goal of 5 baptisms. The dog lady got baptized at 6AM on Tuesday before we had transfers. We are running dry on people to teach now. So we are going to do a Zone find and have everyone in our zone come in and tract and help us. We only have like 3 investigators now we are teaching.

Well i gotta go. Send me an email back soon so if i get a chance to send another i can reply.

Lots of love!

Edizzze Owen

Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment