Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hey Hey Hey

Hey Hey Hey family,

Wow another week has come and gone again! Things are working out great with my new companion so far. He is good and is not a slob like my last one. You should see our apartment and car! Its sa clean and such!

Well when you come up again tell me and i guess i could get permission from the mission president to go to lunch with you! I would have to ask him and double check. Also when your here drop off anything at the office instead of paying to ship it. 

Well i have bad news! My scriptures fell apart already! The quad i have had from when i was baptized. The binding is all messed up and the pleather ripped away from the glue. So i just got back from the Distrubtion store from Temple Square and i just spent the last of all my money for the month on a new set! I got a triple combo and bible. These are nice leather ones colored blue. They cost $75.00! But they should also last for the rest of my mission i hope! You would not mind re embursing me for those so your Elder can buy food and survive for the rest of the month?! I have already lost about 7 lbs. So im out of my monthly money already and today is only the 6th! But i knew i could not go without some scriptures thats fo sure!

Well yesterday was our zone conferance. We had lessons from our two AP's and the president. They talked about using members and how the BOM can answer any question that someone has. Even if it is an Anti Mormon question. That was good training because i have been running into lots of antis trying to trick us and prove us wrong. I dont even waist my time on them though. But that was just good training. 

Tomorrow we have a mission tour and a fireside tomorrow night. Elder Christenson of the 70 will be touring our mission. That will last till one and then back to work. Then we have a fireside with him at 7. So that will be real fun. I have met lots of members of the 70 just at church and about. 

Well we get to attend one of the Temple Dedacations but we dont get to go to the temple and watch it in person. That kinda sticks though huh! Were so close but we cant even go. Oh well. They dont have church on the 23 in all of Utah! Everyone is supposted to go to the dedacation. 

Well about all we have right now as far as investagators goes is one guy called Dennis. He was supposted to have his baptism interview yesterday at 5 PM but never showed up. At 6 we found out that our font was going to be closed for six weeks because of a flood in the basement. And then at 8 we found Dennis and he said he was done with learning about the church. So last night was not one of my best. We are still going to work with him through someone else. That does not sound like him. Everything was still good on Tue! Something happended or came up and he changed his mind. We are just keeping him in our prayers for the time being and hoping he will come through. 

Well I am going to get my pictures onto a DVD and mail them home so you can see them and get started on that scrapbook! Well i am going to get started on burning that DVD for yall! Lots of love and keep in touch EVERYONE!!!

Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment