Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26, 2009 (From MOM)

Dear Scott,
Wowser's! Another week flew by! It sure was a busy one around here!

Ant Nikki flew in on Thursday to surprise Angie, and come for Angie's engagement luncheon.  I picked her up from the airport, and later that evening we went over to Angie's school...it was "meet the teacher" night, and Nikki walked into her room.  Boy was Angie surprised!  It was fun, and we had a great weekend with Nikki.  She stayed here one night, then went up to Angie's house.  We went to a movie, went shopping, had a fun lunch with the girls on Saturday, and ate custard at Culver's.  It was so nice of Uncle Aaron to surprise her with a ticket to come visit.  I hope she can do it once a year now! :)

Sunday was good.  I am on organ duty for August and Sept.  The talks were very good, spoke on temples.  Our stake has a "temple day" coming up in Sept. They want everyone to do as many sessions as they can that day.  Also, our R.S. lesson was on the temple too.  I will try and get to more sessions now the kids are back in school.

Speaking of school, the boys are back in session!  Yippee!  So far, so good.  Mark is very happy to have somewhere to go, he was getting very bored at home. Jeff started seminary today...he is also taking a dual credit course at North Lake, a business class.  He and Scott Dance ride together.  I hope it will be a good class.  I think Jeff has also made "sergeant" at the Coppell Explorers class.  He told me that last night!

The wedding plans are coming along.  Angie registered at Williams-Sonoma this past week, and I think I found some ties for the guys.  (I know you really want to know all the details for the wedding! :)  I think we do have a date...Nov. 6th.  She will have the reception at Castle Hills.  She also wants a chocolate fountain...yum.  Did I already tell you this? If I did, sorry about that!

Monday night for FHE we went boating with the Brassfields.  It was fun.  Scott B. can sure wakeboard!  He was getting some big air!  Jeff also was doing well, he even tried a flip.  I don't know what happened when he was out there boarding, but he broke his wakeboard! :((  It was strange.  I will try and attach a picture for you!  Anyhoo, we had a fun night.  Ate pizza, and spent the evening on the boat.  All the kids have left Coppell now, and headed up to BYU.  You may run into some of them, who knows!

That's about it for now.  I sure love the blog Brooke has done for you!  What a great way to journal all of your mission!  She even posted a slide show of all all the pictures you sent!  Watch your mail for a little package.  Dad mailed it off on Monday, so you should get it next week.
Lots of love to you, as Grandma Webb would say, "Keep striving!"
Love, Mom
Here are a couple of pictures:  Angie at the "engagement" lunch, and Nikki and Ang at her school.  I will send the wakeboard picture separate!



No comments:

Post a Comment