Thursday, August 13, 2009

Que Pasa?


WOW!!!!!!!! Angie is engaged!!!!! Congrats to my big sista! I figured it was only a matter of time like Mom kept hinting to me!!!!! Thats good news to hear. I saw that ring which i will refer to as "bling!" 

Hey mother dearest, I got your package! I dont know if you remember but you have told me about the tree in the front yard falling down like 8 times now! Haha. Almost every letter since it has happened! I just think that is funny. You must be getting old! JK JK. Well you said that i am getting spoiled by getting all these packages but i think its ok! Keep them coming! I sent off the CD with all my pics and a few otra things para an especial! Hey mom could you mail me a color picture of Anna and Carli hugging each other on the 4th of July? That is the cutest picture and i want to put it in a frame. I can only print it off in black and white. But i love that picture of them!

I am loving my new scrips! They are so nice and they have that new scripture smell to them. I wish i could get that as a air freshener fragrance for the car! Dont you just love that smell? Haha

Well i have an idea. Instead of putting so many treats in the packages a great idea would be some gift cards to restaurants or wal mart! Isn't that a great idea? Que bueno idea no? 

I hope that your trip up here is fun. If you want to "bump" into me go around 1300 S and 2100 E. : )
We went to the Blue Plate Dinner in our area and i guess it was shown on Dinners Drive In's and Dives. Let me just say i dont know how the heck it was shown on TV because it was not that good and it made me sick for the rest of the night!

I learned something new this past week called "Faith Dining" We go into a restaurant during the busy times and rely on our faith that some member will see us and pay for us. Lets just say so far i must have pretty good faith because it have worked! We tried it at a Costa Vida and it tasted even better free!

I liked the pics of the girls on the boat. (By girls i mean Jeff Mark Dad and Michael) I like the picture of dad sinking and going under! The first one with him actually wake skating had to have been to good to be true! Sorry Pops I know you too good! Hey Dad asked about how the meeting was with Elder Christinson and he the lord knows every time we lose a hair on our head. So i just laughed because i know that he has been watching you and Michael for quite a while slowly balding! Hahaha. 

The meeting was really good though. He talked about the Holy Ghost the whole time. There was a lot that i learned and i think everyone else was able to learn. I had to buy a poster of all the general authorities so i could mark off all the ones i have met so far. I have a few down and have not even been here 3 months yet! I wonder how many it will be at the end of the mission. 

Well the work in our area is starting to pick back up. We have been getting lot of referrals from our leadership and the members are really helping us out. I have not been able to contact Dennis yet. I am hoping he will come around soon though. But we are moving on and just continuing our work. We will check up on him every so often.

Well Dad also asked how our WML's worked. We have one for every ward and then a stake HC. I am lighting a fire underneath their butts and getting them to work. I will tell them about that. I do have a few that are just great and do everything for us! Thats what we need everywhere.

Thanks for everything everyone! Stay tuned for next weeks letter and i will for yours. Angie I want to hear from you and how NYC was!


Love
       Elder Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment