Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Your Fav Missionary Again

Hello Hello yall!

Well you wont even believe half of the things that happended this last week. Well last sundee my talk was good. In front of Elder Ballard that is!!!! He said i did a good job though. I got a picture with him and I in it so i will have to email you that sometime. I got to the family history center and remembered i forgot my camera and everything!!! Stupied me! Its a good picture though! I may be able to send it to you later today i think. Well it sounds like all is well still in Zion down there. Thats good. Dad you may have to send me a privite email about all the new guns you have bought. Have you gotten that reloader going yet?! I have not heard from dad but only once at the MTC. I never got the other letter he said he sent when i left to go out in the field. 

Well we had another baptism this weekend. Her name was Chelsia Saxe. She was a different kind of person though ill just say that. She had mood swings alllll the time. She would be nice and real angey at everyone. But she loved my comp and that is the only reason she was baptized. She never even said a word to me at her baptism or confirmation. I think she just hated me for some unknown reason. I didnt think she was ready for baptism when she would call threating people to call off her baptism if they didnt do everything she wanted! I dont think she has been my best experance so far! Hahaha. But oh well thats over now. 

We have another baptism this sundee and tuesdee!!! A double whammy! Me gusta mucho! Josh Besser is on sundee and Elizibeth Shui on tuesdee. Both of them are sooo cool. Josh has been ready for a lonnnnngggg time now but did not think he was ready for baptism. We have tricks though about making him think other wise to where he is ready! He has had his own set of scriptures and has basicly been considered a member for a while. 
And yes i am getting Elizibeth baptized also!!!! I have tought her basicly all on my own. Yesterday was the first time my comp has had a lesson with her. We have always been on exchanges with our Zone Leaders or District Leader when i have tought her. She is the coolest investagator anyone could ever have. She is considered a platium investagator because she was so ready to hear this message. Her baptism is going to be on Tuesday at.... 6:00 AM! Whaaaaaaat! And the font takes 3 hours to fill up! So guess who gets to be the luckey ones to wake up and fill it up? You guessed right me and my comp! We will have to be at the church at 2:30 to turn it on! Thats preatty crazy man! Its worth it though! So that will put us at 5 baptisms for this transfer which will end this next Wed. So our P-Day will be on Thursday next week because of the transfers. Who knows where i am going to go! I am really liking the area i am in right now. I dont want to leave the current people we have been teaching. There will deffently be baptisms from our current investagators. 

Well i am sure that you wanted to hear how the roofing went. Well it was cool and they loved having us over to help them. We ended up going back over monday night to finish it. It took so long because we didnt have a nail gun! We did it all by hand to it took for ever. We are allowed to do service anytime really if we have any to do. Doing that roof was a work out. I was dripping with sweat the whole time!!! This dry heat is worse I think because it always seems like it is burning you! 

We went to the temple again today. It has been a while because it has been closed for the past two weeks for work. Every so often we get to go and do service in the temple if we are picked. When we do it i have been told we get to go into every room there. Like where the prophet and the 12 meet every week! And all of these other cool rooms for them. I want to go and see it all soon. 

Well just FYI mom, if you are up here again you can drop off a package or mail or anything at the mission office. That is fine and it will save you on postage! Just so you dont have to mail me boxes from Logan. I am so needing some new mo tab music. That one CD i have Called to Serve is getting a little old after listening to that one CD for 4 weeks! Haha. And the other one i have i cant listen to because it is not mo tab! I want to get some more but they are like 15 bucks. I don't have that kind of money to spend anymore! Haha so that would be something i would like in the future.

I got a letter from one of the primary CTR classes. They told me what they had learned that day and signed there names.

Well i have to get going to keep me up to date one everything. Love ya lots!

Elder Owen
Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment