Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Texas News

Dear Scott,
Well this will be attempt #2 at sending you a letter.  I wrote one yesterday, and we think it got lost?  My computer has been a mess, and we have had all sorts of trouble with it.  You may get 2 letters from me today, who knows?  Oh well, would rather you get 2 than none at all.

This week has been a busy one.  We made it home from our trip.  We had a great time.  So much to see and do in Europe.  I think my favorite was Scotland, and Normandy France.  It was neat to see all the D-day memorials at Omaha Beach.  So many american soldiers died that day.  Very  sad.
Anyway, we are home and back to the grind.

Jeff has been working a lot at the range.  It has been so hot, it has slowed business down.  He works Wed. thru Sat.  He is in the office a lot it seems.  He is glad to be earning a few shekels.  He has met a new friend, a relative of the Normans.  His name is Braxton, and he seems to be really nice.  He is only her for a few weeks, but they have had fun.  They got the old motorcycle from Michael and have fixed it up.  Now it just needs to get out of my garage!!!  AARRGGGHHHH!

Well this weekend we are going up to Broken Bow.  We are switching rental companies, so we have to change the locks, and take up a bunch of new bedding and towels, linens etc.  Brooke and the kids are going up too.  Don't know if we will take the boat.  It will be a fairly fast trip.  Come home on Sunday night.

I am still reading in the BOM.  By the end of this week, I should be in Helaman.  It is so great to be reading it, and I have learned so much.
I love to hear all about your investigators, and what you are doing.  Dad and I loved that you were looking forward to mowing a lawn and doing something physical!  How did that go? Do you get to do service projects on your p-days?

Well, I think our a/c is slowly going bad.  Dad has got a guy coming this morning to check it out and tell us what we need for a new system.  Not a fun thing to spend money on, but it is so hot here it is necessary!!!  Maybe a new one would be a lot more energy efficiant too.  I will keep you posted on that mess! :)

I am attaching a few pictures for you.

Mrs. Hebert and me in Scotland at the Edinburgh Castle,  Grandpa and Andrews boys celebrating his birthday with a candy bar card, and a picture of the family on Fathers day.  I think everyone looks the same, huh?

Anyway, lots of love to you,  We know you are working sa hard and being a great Elder in the SLC mission!!!
Love, Mom & Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment