Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Still in SLC

Well keep rubbing in the whole Europe trip and such! Sounds like your having a fun time there and everything! Well this last week went by fast. We are still busy all day long going to apts or meetings or dinner or whatever it is! Mom you asked me in one of your emails how my talk went. I have not given it yet. It is the sundee in front of one of the quarm of the 12!! Yikes!!!!!! I still need to prepair that come to think about it! Well all is well here in zion...(so it is reffered to here but we all know that it really is Dallas!) I had my last New Missionary Training Meeting on Tuesday so now those are over. At the end of next week will be the end of my first transfer! That means six weeks in the field already! I hope I can stay in this area because we have a few baptisms planned for next transfer here. And also I am starting to get to know the people really well and that is fun. President Sonne said he likes to keep us in the same area for 2-3 transfers if he can but that is not always the case. So i will just have to wait and see what happens! 

Hey when you get back can you send me my new pair of Oakleys? I bought those to take with me but they never came in time. Also what is the status on the iPod Nano and speakers? I am wanting to get some music from other people but i dont have anywhere to put it at the moment. That and I can get all the Gen Con talks and scrips on it to listen to also! One other thing I need for my camera is a SD to USB adaptor. That way I can email some pics to you via email. 

Well you have asked to hear a little about some of the people we are teaching. The coolest person I think i have tought so far is a girl named Elizbeth Shoe. She is from China and has lived here for 7 years. She has a PHD in Bio Enginering and teaches here at the U. She grew up Budism but never really praticed it. In Feb her dog died and she was soooo devestated about it. She then emailed one of her friends which happended to be a member and he said she could meet with us to help answer where dogs and people go after they die. So I met with her when we were on exchanges and I was with our DL (district leader).  He was doing two baptismal interviews and so that ment i was teaching her by me self with her fellowshipper Paul. I went over the plan of salvation with her really quick and she liked what I tought her. She said that made more sense then buddism. She went running out the church doors to go buy a Bible, BOM, PGP, D&C because DI was closing in 20 mins! Well last night was our third time to meet and she is just better then a golden investagator!!! We gave her things to read and she is asking for more because that was not enough! We are going to take her down to Temple Square and see a new Joseph Smith Movie they have. I'm not sure if you have seen it or not but its good! She is also planning on getting baptised on the 25th if everything is still going well. Its crazy to me that she knew NOTHING about church and scriptures and she is just so willing and acceptive to learn about ours now. She also attended church last sunday for all three hours and loved it. She is also going to go to our baptism this Saturday to see one. She is just great and loves reading out of the BOM. She keeps saying things like "after I get baptized can I do this?" She is already planning on taking that next step! And she just thought I was going to answer her question about where dogs go when they die! 

This Saturday we are going to help a guy that is investgating shingle his shed that he has built him self. We went and talked with him and told us about doing it and we offerded to help. I am so stoked to do something physical or some sort or work! I am even asking people if we can mow their lawns for them! I have reached a new stage of desporation for physical work!!! I never thought that this day would come! I will take some picture of before and after. This guy reminds me of dad because he does everything himself. Even if it takes three years to get whatever done he is working on! (Don't loose anymore hair of that comment dad! You know it's true!)

Well let me see if i can attach some pics in another email. I have to borrow the SD to USB thing from my comp to do this.

Well I will talk to you later as in next week. Let me know about that package coming for me! And I also want to hear from everyone else! Everyone can email me but I cant email everyone back. So get Jeff Mark Michael to email me sometime! Brooke and Angie have sent me mail and packages so they are on my good list right now! Hahaha. Thank you much yall!

Peacing out here is E Dizze Owen!
Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment