Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Week 2 MTC

"I wish I could call all your mothers and tell them how wonderful you look." - Sis. Bednar

What is going on family? How is the real world treating everyone? Well week two here was just as busy as week one! They are now letting people leave for their missions if they pass some health test or something. Speaking of me leaving the MTC my final departure date is now on the 17th. This is the final word! We got our travel plans from the MTC yesterday. 

So everyone wants to know what the typical day is here so here it goes. 
Wake up by 6:30 
Breakfast at 7:00
Classes are according to the teachers schedual so it varys. We typicaly have two classes a day though.
Lunch 11:30
Personal Study 
Comp Study
MDT Time (Missionary Derected Time)
Dinner at 4:30
LGM (Large group meeting)
9:00 Planning for the next day
10:15 Quite time
10:30 Lights out!

So that is the basic lay out but everything is moved around as far as our classes and our study time goes. Mom those thank you notes are off in the mail now. They went out on monday! I am sa good an such! Now you can keep writing me! Haha!
I know everyone is on edge for this letter only to hear about my comps BO problem so here it is! He did warsh his towel last p day and i about died! My prayer was answered. Well i thought that would be the end of that problem but the next DAY it was back just as bad as ever! So the lengend lives on of the stinky towel! Stay tuned for next weeks report!

This sunday was not the best day for me. I woke up and did not feel good at all. I went and got checked out by the nurse and i had to stay in my room all day! I was almost in prison it felt like. They keep anyone in their rooms if they have any sign of sickness at all. Mine was just very minor coughing and that stuff but they wanted me in my room all day. There is also one of the elders in our district that got the swine flu. He was sent into isolation for 5 days and is supposed to be getting out today. That is if he has survived this punishment! 

Well we had our typical Tuesday night Devo last night and i bet you wont guess who came! Elder Bednar! He was so good. He talked about being a "good boy!" He said to listen to the promptings of the spirit and dont worry if we think it is us thinking it or the spirit. He said if it is a good thought then it is the spirit and we should just act on it! One of our teachers room mate works as a robo cop here and knew it was Bednar coming. This info they keep top secret! But our class knew he was coming! I was able to be a Little Debbie Cake on this saying it was going to be Bednar. On Tuesdays its all the talk about who is coming. Last week it was one of the 70.
"I wish I could call all your mothers and tell them how wonderful you look." - Sis. Bednar (This was typed by one of the sisters in my district. She acts like our mom here and wont let me get dessert until i finish my vegs. She is from Plano. She's cool though)


Well right now im just doing my laundry. We are planning on going to the temple latter today after lunch.  We went last P day also. I hope everyone has gotten my letters so far. I think i have only sent one to everybody so far. I will send yall some pics sometime soon of life here.

Hey mom how is that Moshi pillow coming? I also need two more short sleeved white church shirts. Neck size 16.5. Ones without the coller buttons please. I had a pen blow up on one of mine......

Well i hope all is well in good ole Texas! Keep in touch!
Love you very much and know that this work is very important! I am excited to hit the mission field. Ill have to talk to you later. Again only one min left!

Love
Elder Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment