Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hello from the MTC

Well hello family! The first week at the Mtc already! I am glad that i don't have to wear an orange dot anymore or as the older elders like to say dork dots! I dont know if you have heard about the swine flu and flu spreading around here or not but it is really bad at the moment. There have been 10 confermended cases of the swine flu just yesterday. The MTC has also delayed sending anyone out this week. So anyone who was supposed to depart wont this week. I think they may delay it again. And today there are around 560 new missionarys coming in and they are running out of room to put eveyone. This has all made big news around here so you will have to look it up and tell me what you can find out about it. They use sealed plastic utincels now and paper cups and plates. They are not risking anything.Well i dont know if you got my cards yet or not but i had time to send one to Anna and just home. My comps name is Elder Williams and he is from Hawaii. He is cool but his towl which hangs right next to my desk smells like total BO! When we come back into our room the entire room smells like it! I hope and prey he is washing (warshing as they say here) it today! I have been very busy studing and working. They keep us really busy and we are supposted to be working on writing our lesson plans for investagors. Thanks for all the letters everyone has been sending me! Dear Elder is great! For now just use that and not my Email because i wont be able to check it till P Days. That way i can get the Dear Elder that day or the next one. How are all the grand kids doing? 

The food is alright. Not anything like moms cooking but its not bad. Better then what ill be able to make in the field. I am not sure what is up with my elbow. When i went to the Dr he said it was fine and would just take time to heal. The MTC Dr said by today i should be able to extend it all the way but i still cant. What do you think i should do? I can twist it fine but not extend it yet. I can do physical therypy here but im not sure what to do. 

On Sunday we had a tie swap which is what they do for people leaving that next week. Everyone puts in thier ulgy stained tie and then we draw from a pillow case. When they asked me to do it they all went nuts looking through my ties and wanted me to put in my new blue and white one you just bought me one. I was offered up to $30.00 cash for that tie right then! I told them no of course.

Well in one of your letters you asked what i would like and i need an new Moshi Black pillow. Mom i hope you know what i am talking about. the thing like marks spree pillow. The one i have now is getting really bad and we never had time to find a new one when we were up here. Plus mine has a few holes in it.
Oh i also dont know if you have gotten the rest of my Oakley order yet or not but when you do if you will send that up. There should be one more pair of sweet shades and cleaning cloth and some other random things for me. Those glasses would be the best to use up here. : )

Well i think if you send the dear elder by  around 12ish at the latest then i will be able to get it that day or the next so just keep that in mind. And mom if you would just send this to everyone you want to thats fine. I dont have time to send anymore then one today. I only had 25 mins after setting up this email today. And again tell them to do the dear elder or regular mail or else it will be a week before i get their email.

Sorry if words are mis spelled Angie can correct me after she tells me where that place in Florda is! I dont even have spell check on this email account so oh well! And i have been typing like nuts to get all this in.

I love you all and know that this is important work! I miss you and look forward to hearing from you soon! GTG 1 min left before i loose everything and this wont get sent!

Love
Elder Owen!

No comments:

Post a Comment