Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Week in the Field

Hey hey hey!

First off all I want you to be keeping all of my letters that i am sending home as a journal. If you could be printing them off and saving them for me please. And fix any spelling because i dont have time to even do that here!!! Haha thanks!


My first week was nuts!!!!!! Non stop go go go go go go!! Very long days and lots of walking all day long! We get dinner everynight except our PDays. But we just call someone up who has been wanting to have us over and have dinner then! So ya about every night we get dinner. It is great because like last night when they dont have time they just take us to a Subway or out to eat real quick and buy for us. On Monday we have a zone meeting everyweek and we all went out to Wendys after for lunch. Well the was a member in front of us in the line and they bought for all 18 of us! They just told us to order whatever we wanted!!! That was really nice of them! It tasted even better because it was sa free and such!

About the iPod. Im glad you have not sent that out yet. I can only have one that can't play movies on it. So only an iPod Nano would work. Thanks for doing that again. And some speakers. We dont have a boom box or anything, but i would need my own for the next transfer in 5 weeks.

Well right now i am not sure if i am going to be learning spanish or not. I may be later down the road but there i would be put into a spanish district. Ill keep you informed on that if anything changes.

We have a bap. this sat! Chris Brown is his name and now his sister is most likly going to get bap. as well!!! I am almost postive she will. They are both really cool and are fun to talk with. It could just be because they have a little pug dog and it looks like buster! We also have two more bap. coming up. About one each week. I bet by the end of this transfer we will have over 5 bap! We have several more people that are coming along really well in the lessons and seem real interested. So i think they are on the right path for bap also.

Everyweek we can go to the temple if we do have a ride. We went again today. Early 7:00 session again! Then we went to Wal-Mart again to get some goods and home. Started some warsh (not a spelling error) and came to a church to do email. We do this in the family history center on the computers in here. These computers are SO SLOW!!!! No wonder they are all PC's! It takes about 2 mins to bring up the internet and 5 mins to load you email account! 

Well now you have requested more about my comp... Lets just say whenever we go and teach someone the only words i get to say is in the prayer!!! He talks and talks and i never get to say a thing hardly. Its basicly a one man show. He is also not training me at all. When we are meeting a family I have not met i try to ask him about them so im not left in the dark and he says you will find out when we get there. So i dont know if they are members, bap, or what!!!! He just takes over control on everything including what i can buy at the store with my own money. He says no you dont need that you need this. And he also loves to talk and argue with the real anti mormons and then says things like "ya we hate christans also just like you" and "who cares if joesph smith saw jesus christ and heavenly father we dont." He is not training by the book they give trainers but by his own way! So i talked to the District Leaders and set up a time to go and talk with President Sonne. This is not helping me at all. The only thing i have really learned is our schedual. When we get up shower eat leave...... I dont teach or learn at all. So I really hope i can get a new trainer because this is horrible at the moment. I am his second person to train and he told me that he just wants to train me a differnt way. So ill be talking to the president tomorrow sometime during our big Zone Con. I talked to my old comp from the MTC and asked if he was being trained the same way and he was not. I dont think he is a bad missionary but yes to a bad trainer. So anyways enough of that mess! Ill have to get that fixed.


The boat mess sounded like fun. I just think that happended because you were going without me! I am glad things are going well at home. No i never did get Dads letter. If it was a dear elder at the MTC they will just trash them because it is a free service and they are not going to pay for postage. I asked them. so i hope you still have it saved somewhere. Sorry about that. Well all mail and packages I get Tuesdays night when the ZL's come by. So FYI. I have to go and do a driving test sometime to prove I can drive. Then depending if i get relocated because of some issues... I may get to drive. My knees are also really killing me when we go out. No I dont think it is because i am out of shape its just my knees hurting. We cover two different stakes and we always go from one end of our area to the next which is a few miles. I dont know if there is anything I can do about it. I have to stop every so often and just sit because i just cant go any farther. Its not that physically demanding because we are only walking. Its not like i am tired. Its odd. My elbow is normal now. Im not sure if i told you last week or not but it is great! 

Also If you could go ahead and send me more meds. We are not supposted to get low at all! I know it will take sometime to get it to your home and then to ship it up here and then i have to wait till my next PDay. So if you could just plan sending it up way ahead becuase i know i will forget.

Also i need you to get me everyones mailing address. If you email it to me i can print it off. I want M and M's B and C's and Angies and G and G and anyone else you thing i would write to. 

Oh the nice watch that Matt gave me fell apart and quit working. One of the buttons fell out and the time just stopped working. So i dont know what to do about it. I says it has a one year warrenty but i dont have an address to mail it off to. The brand is Heco or Hero or something like that. Could you look that up and get me somewhere to ship it off to? I can ONLY go to a few websites, email, lds.org and mormon.org.


Well Love yall lots! I have to do a weekly letter to the president right now and then get going. And you know some hard mail and packages would really not hurt at all!!! Haha...


Love your fav Missionary every
Elder Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment