Saturday, June 20, 2009

Letter from Home :) June 20, 2009

Hi there Scott,

I wanted to take a few minutes and write you a letter today.  Things have been busy, crazy here.  I am so glad you got your big box, and you are out in the mission field now!  We got your e-mail and were so happy to hear all about things!  We also got a letter from you in the mail that same day!  Keep them coming.  We would love to know what stakes you are serving in, and more about your life!!!  Tell us everything you can.  We were so glad to hear from you.

This past week, I went up to the cabin with Mr. Mark, Michael, and Megan, Anna, and Blake.  Michael was needing to take the boat up and use it at his wards high adventure.  We left about 8 p.m. on Sunday night.  We were loaded up!  Anna and Blake were so excited to ride the 4-lers.
Dad & Michael fiddled with the lights on the trailer/boat, and the tires, etc.  What a pain.  We were hoping to make it without having a tire blow out on us.  We almost made it!  Right when we were crossing that old bridge into Broken Bow, we heard a funny sound.  I thought the breaks had locked up, but NO, it was a tire that had blown on the goofy trailer! :(  We were not happy!  Michael drove really slow, and we pulled over at the Tyson Chicken Plant....you know, with the "Gravity Flow" system!  We were lucky to make it there, because we did not have a flashlight, and their parking lot was lit up.   Anyway, we took off the tire, the whole wheel well was bent to pieces, and the tire was a disaster.  After the tire was off, the brakes just fell apart!!!  Plates came off, and the hydrolic brake line was cut!  :((((  What a mess.  The robo-cop security guard at the chicken plant was sa nice...(Paul Blart) and helped us with a flashlight, and a better jack.  We were on the phone with dad, and trying to figure out what to do and such.  Anyway, we got the spare on, and took the trailer to Stewarts tires the next day, and they fixed it, and the brakes.  Big Pain!!! :{{{{{{{
Well, that was the worst part of the week.  The rest of the week was great, the boat worked great, (we put it in a slip) and all the scouters were happy campers.  We even got Anna and Blake out on the tube.  Mark is getting to be quite the wakeboarder!  He did great, and even pulled off a "180" out there.  He was so proud.  The lake was absolutely gorgeous, and the water was glass every day.   Goofy gas at the marina was 3.99 a gallon....what a rip-off! :)  Any hoo, we all had fun, and came back on Thurs. evening after a little lunch at Papa Plabano's.  Yummy!  Michael & Megan took some pictures, so maybe we will try and send you some.

Finally, the city came and picked up all the broken branches, tree limbs from the storm.  It was a mess, and just sitting out there killing our grass.  We will still need to cut down and big tree now.  That will have to wait until Dad is back from Scout camp with the the boys.

Speaking of scout camp, the day today...Saturday, had been spent getting packs ready for the trip to New Mexico.  Chad came over and helped the boys and Dad.  The house looks like a bomb went off in it!  They are having fun rounding up all the hiking junk.  Remember when you went to Philmont?  Dad got some new hiking boots, and so did Jeff, Dad also bought a "back packing" tent.  They are all into getting things ready to go.  They leave at 4:15 a.m. on Mondee morning.  4:00 a.m. was to early, so Bro. Brassfield pushed it back 15 min!  Ha ha!  I also gave the boys haircuts this morning!

Well tomorrow is a double holiday!  Father's day and Mr. Mark's 13th birthday.  Everyone is coming over for dinner, we are having a taco bar.
Mark wanted a fudge cake with marshmallow frosting on it.  We will take some pictures for you.  Mark is all excited for his big day, he is counting down the hours now!

I am still reading the BOM, and I am loving it.  I think I have learned so much more this time with my reading.  I am in Mosiah.  I should finish the reading by the end of August if I stay on schedule.  I have such a strong testimony of the BOM.  I feel the power in it while I read.  I love it!

I am attaching a few pictures for you, a cute one of Nate by the pool, and the grandkids by the pool eating fudge bars!  Also, a storm picture or two!  Brooke had Kyles picture taken, so I will send that too.  Cute nieces and nephews for you, remember they all look up to you, and you are setting a great example for them.

We are so proud of you, we know you are doing an important work.  Tell us more about your comp.  Elder Pearl.  I hope you are learning a lot from him.  Your apartment sounds great.  I bet the members there will spoil you!  I was so happy to hear you made it to the SLC temple.  Do you know if you get to go the the new Oquirrh Mountain temple?  I know the open house has started now for it.  I would love to see it. The pictures look beautiful.  We will try and send you the IPOD in a while.  Right now, just focus on your scripture study out of the books.  You do have some of the CD's I gave you, I think they were Tab. Choir?  Does your comp. have a little boom box?

Dad wants to know if you got the letter he wrote to you last week...you should have got it on Wed, but you may not have because you left the MTC early.  I wonder if they forward those on to you?  Let us know.

We don't know what has happened to your garm's?  They are not at G&GG, we don't have them here.  You must have lost them at the MTC, or got them mixed up with someone else's laundry?  I know we had them for you.  I guess if I need to, I can buy you a few more and mail them.  I think it would be easier for you to buy them up there at distribution.  Let me know what is going on with those, and also, what happens at Mr. Mac with your suit!  I think they will take care of you, you should not have a problem with that.

Love you lots, keep up the good work! :)  Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment