Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September Already! (from Mom)

Hi Scott!
Wowser's! Can you believe it is September?  Fall is in the air.  I love the smell of crayons and markers!  It has been good to have the boys back in school. Life is busy, but so good:)
We had really good meetings on Sunday.  Talked about "Holding to the Iron Rod".  I was looking at the verses, and loved reading the words of that hymn.
The 3rd vrs. is:  And when temptations pow'r is night, Our path-way clouded o'er, Upon the rod we can rely, And heaven's aid implore.
The 4th vrs. (which we hardly ever sing) is:  And, hand o'er hand, the rod along, Through each succeeding day, With earnest prayer and hopeful song, We'll still pursue our way.
I LOVE that 4th vrs!!!  I think it's just like life, one day at a time, going hand o'er hand.  I also like that is tells us "through each SUCCEEDING day.
I have thought about that a lot the last couple of days, and just wanted to share that with you.  Everyday can be succeeding for us if we "hold to the rod."

Well, on to the week.  It has been very busy as usual.  If we didn't have enough to do already with leaving on Saturday for Alaska, and getting a wedding planned for Angie, and working a lot on the stake nativity....I think we have pretty much decided to build a new home!!!  We are looking over in Arbor Manors.  Do you remember that subdivision going in there?  Behind McDonalds.  There is a great lot towards the very back....Juniper Court Cul-d-sac.  There would only be 5 homes back in there, and It is nice.  The lot is right next to a green belt walking trail, so we would have no neighbors on that side of us, and only 1 house on the other side.  We are busy pouring over house plans, and trying to get it figured out.  It is a David Weekly home neighborhood.  So fun!  Also, the yard would be big enough to put a diving pool in the back yard.
So, we will keep you posted about this new thing!  We have not signed anything yet, but I think we are pretty serious about doing it.  The house would not be finished until next Mar/April or so.  We would need to get this house on the market to sell, and that is not the fun part!  If we get the lot, and house, I will send you some pictures.  I bet it would be different for you to come home to a different house!! :)

Tonight was curriculum night for Mark.  Dad went with him, and I went with Jeff to get him signed up for a SAT prep course.  Made spaghetti for dinner, and off we all went.  Divide and conquer, that is my motto these days.  Sometimes I don't understand why the weeks are so busy, but it is all good stuff.

Did you get the ipod we sent?  Can you just make that one do?  I hope you liked your little package...did you read about the Bobo's?  Fun!

Angie and Ryan now have the wedding date for Nov. 20th.  The temple was closed on Nov. 6th for cleaning!!!  Boy! Good we found that out now rather than later.  I know Angie has written you a letter, so you should feel a little more up to date on her life.  It's good!

There has been no boating this week, so not much to tell you there.  I am starting to read the BOM again, I hope to finish it for the 2nd time this year, by December.  Also working on the YW value that was added on "Virtue".  I enjoy the reading so much, and know of the truthfulness of that
book.

Anna & Carli are both headed back to pre-school, they are so excited.  I am including a few pics of Brooke's family.....one of Brooke, a cute one of Nate, and also Kyle.  They are all growing and are so cute and fun.
I was with Blake today and he is starting to talk a lot!  Check the blogs if you can, they are just darling!!!

How are your investigators doing?  How was your bowling night at the Huntsmans?  We love hearing about all you do.
Keep us up to date on things and let me know if you need more meds. or anything else.
We will be gone until Sept. 12th, and then back home from the Alaskan cruise!!
We are going on the cruise with G&GG, they are very excited, and we will take lots of pictures for you!!!  Eat, seafood, ice cream, and seafood, and gain lot's of weight on the trip!!  :)

Lots of love to you, Elder Owen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment