Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An Especial Email

Well today is not my pday but my comp had to do more school stuff on the computers. So heres your especial email for the day! Well i found out that both me and my comp are going to be transfered out of our area. When the companionship both leave they call that a white wash. Just in case i ever say that latter and you dont know what im talking about now you do! So what this means is i am no longer a greenie missionary! Now that i have spent over 3 months out in the field i have been trained and then this transfer, greenie broken as they call it! I still dont know where i will go but i will find that out tomorrow at transfers. 

I guess lots of other Elders have told the AP's and President Sonne that i can speak pretty good spanish. They are all wanting  me to go into the spanish program. That is just teaching in spanish full time. I dont know what will happen with that. Who knows i may get put into a little espanol. Or as grandma says "little Mexico." I would like to learn spanish but i dont really want to serve in the spanish program to much. They dont get "hooked up" as much as regular missionarys do. Haha But i would love to be speak spanish like Michael when i get home. Ill just have to wait and see "what goes down in da hood" for me. 

So today we have done lots of packing and cleaning our apt. We also have to update our Area Books which keep all the infomation and paper work in area. And we have a dinner we get to go to tonight that the mission is going to pay for. The whole zone and the AP's are going to go. This is a reward for adding 8 more people on date for baptism. Out of those 8 my comp and I put 4 of them on date. They are 4 kids from a family we have been teaching. They have plans to be baptized on Oct 2! I will be able to come back to the baptism then and be there for them. But I wont get the credit for the baptism. But that is not what matters. Thats 4 more people that are that much closer to eternal salvation!!!!

Well i am really starting to love the DI! Last week when we went i found an iHome for the iPod. It was only $15! I am such a smart shopper because they are normaly around $100. So that is my speakers and alarm clock. Sa sweet!!! The only bad thing is it is just more junk for me to haul around during transfers but its worth it!

Well you stinkers enjoy your cruise! And quit rubbing it in with all the pictures you keep sending me! Haha. Thats all for now and ill email you on Thursday!


Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment