Thursday, October 22, 2009

Transfer #4

Wow what a week i have had. It sounds like your week back at home was just as crazy. Well I'm sure you want to know what is going on with transfers. I am now out of the Parley Zone. I have been in that same zone since i have come out. 4.5 months. I was kinda ready to go else where. I am now in a zone called Granger. It is in West Valley. My new comps name is Elder Parks. He is from Alaska. He is a lot of fun and it is going to be a good transfer again with him. Elder Rice stayed in my old area again.

Well we have one convert baptism lined up for this weekend and then two 8 year olds that we will be baptizing. They have helped teach them because their parents were less active. We should also have several more this transfer.

Well Elder Parks in a District Leader so that makes me the District Leader Companion or DLC. Not that that means anything for me but it could be that President wants me to be in leadership soon so this is kind of a way to train me how to do it. So who knows if it comes cool if not cool. Mission politics are a joke and get out of control at times so i want to stay out of that as long as i can.

Right now we only cover 1 stake the West Valley Stake!!! Wow! What a change for me! Going from 3 stakes to only one and covering 21 wards to only 5! This is because one Elder Parks is a DL and then second on the West side the people are a lot more humble and the work is a lot more crazy. We have a ton of people that are investagating at the moment. Kind of cool huh?

Well I also have another car because my comp is a DL. We have a Mazda 3 now. Its a "Cute Car" like Ryans huh! Well things are going great here. We dont live in a basement either. We have our own apartment. Sweet! But the down side to it is that we dont have a washer and dryer. For that we go to a members home and use theirs. So that makes it better.

Well I'm glad that Angie had a good time at the temple. The more she goes the more she will learn. Its neat to be able to go and learn. Keep up the work with all the wedding plans as well. Its almost November already. Keep me in tune with everything that is going on. I got to go but ill send some pictures to yall! Have a good week and talk to you later!



Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment