Thursday, October 29, 2009

3 Coppell Wards??!!!

Wow!!!! That is crazy news! 3 Coppell Wards! I remember when we all thought we would never get 2 wards out of Coppell and now look at it, 3 of them!!!! That is great news. That must mean that the church is growing! Neat. That great news to hear. So Bishop Strong now huh! Cool, he is such a great guy. He will be a GA soon enough!

Well it has been a crazy week for me as well. Lots of learning in my new area. Its kinda stinks to have to learn my way around again but ill have to get over that. The entire area is basicly under construction and has been since 2007 from what people have said. It really makes getting around hard navagating through everthing. But i guess ill have to get over that as well.

Well yesterday and today it has snowed. That is the weirdest thing for me to have snow. Most of it is starting to melt off by now but it is still cold. Its in the 40's and 30's. My companion loves it being from Alaska. He just had this big old grin on his face all day. Well he is from Ankerage Alsaska. He has been out about 15 months now.

Well dad asked what the heck i mean when i say transfer. That is a mission term we use. That means a six week period when we may or may get, transfered. There is 17 transfers in you mission and so that is kind of a way that we measure how long we have been out. So right now i am on my 4th transfer. So there you go Dad!

Well our baptisms all went well. We had two 8 year old baptisms and then one convert baptism. They all were good. I did not get to teach them but once. So i really dont know them that well. I think that we have one on the 7th of next month. I cant remember off the top of my head if we do at the moment.

Well Dad that is weird that you lived in this area I am in now. I just went to the Valley Fair Mall today. We went to Desseret Book. What office did you have there?

Well we have a lot of investagators right now. I would say around 10-15. We also work a ton with less active. In this area there is around 40% members and about half of those are active. So just working on that alone could keep us packed. We teach about 15-20 lesson everyweek. Somewhere around there.

Well on Halloween we have to be locked in from 6-9 PM. So we are going to watch a Disney movie and play sports as a zone. That will be fun. We are not allowed to go out and work on holidays on the nights. But we still have to work for most of the day.

Well I hope all is well and safe back in the Big "D". Have fun and keep in touch with me! Till next week.... Peace be unto you!

Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment