Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 20, 2009

Dear Scott,

How has your week been? I hope you have remained busy, and going strong with missionary work. We have had a good week here at home, and I will try and catch you up on things.

After coming home from Utah, we jumped right back into the routine. Dad & Jeff had finished tiling the kitchen floors, and the next step was to put the kitchen back together. What a lot of cleaning and dust, and dirty cupboards we had. Brooke came out a couple of different days, and we cleaned a lot! The island is put back down, and the baseboard is back up. Just need to finish up putty and paint. Whew! I think Dad was very happy to get that job completed. Now it will be on to the next project, mulching the rest of the yard, planting a new tree in the front yard, and re-staining the fence. Always a project to do.
I have been cleaning out my closet, which is not a fun job, but with Brooke's help, it is looking better.

The biggest news this past week was Angie going to the temple. It was so nice, she did great, and it was a wonderful experience. It was so special as a Mom to watch another one of my kids receive their endowment. Angie & Ryan are so happy together and are getting anxious for their wedding day! I will attach a couple of pictures for you. We went to the 5 p.m. session, and Ryan's parents were with witness couple. It was just great to be with them all in the temple. Afterwards, we had dinner at Celebration, a good night. Angie, Ryan, Dad and I are planning on going back to do another session this Friday.

My time has been spent addressing wedding announcements this week. I am trying just to get envelopes addressed, and first, I have to round up all the address's. That is a job by itself. Angie also had a really nice shower on Saturday morning. Lisa Taylor had it at her home, and there were a lot of people there, and it was so fun. Lot's of fun shower gifts, and yummy food. Anna and Carli got to go...Carli said "No boys allowed, just girls bridal shower". They had their engagement pictures taken on Friday morning, it was a tad bit nippy out! They got a lot of good pictures, will send you one of those too.

Last Thursday, Dad and I went over to CMSW for a early morning breakfast and award ceremony. Mr. Mark was giving the "Wrangler Award of Excellence"!! There were 10 girls, and 2 boys given the award, and Mark was one of them! We were so proud of Mark, he is a good student and always try's to do the right thing. The teachers were very complimentary to him, and he got a nice framed certificate, and some fun coupons to use. He gets his name on a plaque that will be left up in the school. Very nice! Will send a picture of him too.

The weather here has been gorgeous! Nice cool, sunny day's, and even cooler nights. I love the fall time. Makes me want to cook some soup, bake some bread and curl up with a good book, and a cup of hot chocolate :).
I have not sent your sweatshirt, and heavy gloves, don't know for sure what you want, but let me know, and I will try and get that done okay?

We had a really good lesson this past Sunday in R.S. It was on the prophet Joseph Smith. I wanted to share a quote with you that I thought applied so much to missionary work. This is from Eliza R. Snow, she says:

" in the cause of truth and righteousness, in all that would benefit his fellow man, his integrity was as firm as the pillars of Heaven. He knew that God had called him to the work, and all the powers of earth and hell combined, tailed either to deter or divert him from his purpose. With the help of God and his brethren, he laid the foundation of the greatest work ever established by man, a work extending not only to all the living, and to all the generations to come, but also to the dead."
"He boldly and bravely confronted the false traditions, superstitions, religions, bigotry and ignorance of the world-proved himself true to every heaven-revealed principle, true to his brethren and true to God, then sealed his testimony with his blood."

I know that God has called you to the work, and will sustain you in your calling as a missionary. I hope you will be true to every principle, and true to God too. Be the best you can, and work hard :)
I love you and I am proud of you and all you do.
Love, Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment