Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Zone Conferance Week

Well hello hello again,

Another week has come and gone and what a great week it was. We have been pretty busy teaching all of the time. We have been doing close to 20 lessons a week. Some days we are doing 4 to 5 lessons! The work is so much better here on the West side of SLC! That is defently a great thing. Lets see we also had Zone Conferance this past Friday. That was great to be able to have trainings from President Sonne. He talked to us about the differance between faith and hope and how they are both important to have in our lives. He also told us that he didn't want to be happy with only 2000 baptisms this year he wants to raise the bar to 2100 by the end of December! So that means that we have to get 200 baptisms both in Nov. and Dec! That is a ton for us. I guess this last March we got 247 baptisms so he knows 200 should be cake for us!

Well our zone met a goal the the AP's set for us. We had to put 20 investagators on date for baptism in a few days. We reached that goal so now we will get to have a reward. Probley a privite training by President Sonne or and FHE at the Mission Home with him. Something along those lines. That will be cool to have that huh?!

Well Mom I got the package you sent! Wowzers!!! Oreos and BUSTER!!!! They are both black and white! : ) I was cracking up when i found Buster boy in the gloves! He is sitting on my desk now watching me study being such a good good boy!! Thanks for sending all that stuff. It has heated up here at the moment but it supposted to be getting cold this Sunday and then stay cold! I also got my invite to the wedding! I will be a little booked that day so I wont be able to make it. Although if you had it in the Salt Lake Temple on my P-Day I am sure I would be able to go! Keep that in mind Angie and Ryan! Oh and I also got a letter from the Greasers! Tell them thanks for that. They had Grant and Gage send me a drawing also in it. Could you get me their email so I could send them a quick note? Thanks.

Well it sounds like all is coming along at home. Send me more pictures of the grand kids. (They are cuter then you Mom and Dad! : ) And dad please make sure that Media room is sound proof so when i get home you and I can crank those sweet actions movies and Mom wont be able to hear it and get mad!!!! Smart move pops, I tought you well!

I glad Sonic was good oh the Spoooooky day of Halloween!!! I cant believe those corn dogs were 2 for a buck. I can remember back in the day when they use to be $0.25 each. What a rip off now huh? I hope Michael ate 2 Extra Long Chili Cheese Coneys for me with a Rt 44 Dr Pepper! Thats the meal of champions for ya!

On Halloween we had a zone activity from 6-9 PM because we had to be inside during that time. We played a little basketball and watched Ice Age 3! Sa FUN! Oh and Elder Parks deep fryed us some octopus! Yes I even tryed it. It still had the tenticals on and all. It was so chewey and slimey. The longer you chew it the more chewey it gets so you have to just let it slide down your throught. Hows that for a scary food. And you guys had corn dogs! I'll send you some pictures of the tastey dish!

Hey Mom if Ryan has a hook up on shipping then there should be no excuse to send me packages all the time! Haha! Keep that in mind and everyone else as well! : )

Well thats all for right now! Ill talk to yall next week!

Elder Owen
Salt Lake City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment